WHY SYSTEMA MAKE YOU MORE THAN “STRONG”? About fear and when fear enters.
In the life:
Extreme fear. Somebody shout at you, make you angry, slap or punch you. First don’t stop breathing, restore breathing.
Medium degree or less (subtle unconscious). (Media/government makes “imprints” in your mind and body)
- Somebody sneezing next to you, - You are wearing the mask, - You afraid to shake the hand, - You see empty shelves and your panicking eyes looking around, - Media manipulates you, so you will believe you be a candidate to become a victim, - You do as everybody else, you don’t want to be left out.
* It does not matter what amount of the fear enters in you; it will make an impact to your immunity.
* CCM (Classical Chinese Medicine) is about not to interfere with the “symphony” of your body. Everything is there to make you alive without your thinking. You heal yourself. Forcing body “knowingly” is like “friendly” push or wake up call.
* I am not really promoting CCM concepts, but trying to show the same genius approach can be seen in methodology of Systema practice, given from our masters M.Ryabko and V.Vasiliev.
For instance, how to build the immunity using Systema fear drills.
* CCM states that almost all diseases are rooted in spirit (mind). Because we are out of whack, new diseases are coming more often, because we project them, destroying ourselves and our ecosystem.
In Systema drills: (books and DVDs are available from Toronto Systema headquarters)
These drills help release trapped tension and toxins: - Pain drills (stepping, whip, stick massage, pinches, slaps, punches, kicks, gentle twists on border of the pain), - Holding breath drills (all varieties), - Extended “ladder” breathing: 15+ steps (all patterns)
What happen in you in these uncomfortable/shocking states?
- You directly impact your immunity. - You change breath pattern, heart rate, blood pressure and project fear in the body physically.
Fear is double edge sword. It can be toxic or medicinal. Systema rooted in survival, not to win but not to give up your immunity/awareness. If you fall in mode of Fight/Flight reaction it will damage, shrinking your entire being in agony of fear as a result reducing your immunity. You may survive but tensions of some muscle groups or organs can stay even for entire life.
What to do in class?
1) Biggest mistake is to avoid practicing fear in Systema classes. Normally you never know when you will deal with the fear in your life, but that is the reason to prepare yourself for life in our “fear friendly” classes. In most cases fear in our lives enter unexpected. It enters physically through the mouth, or we accumulate it in our heads, as Major K. Komarov has stated in DVD about fear. (You can buy this DVD from Toronto Systema headquarters).
2) Always use breath methods, rubbing if necessary or stretching for restoration.
3) Gradual approach. When training with a partner, avoid sharp, strong or fast movements unless the drill calls for it.
4) Try to relax on impact, or can be short tension in place of contact, but disperse immediately after.
5) Very important to “not feel sorry about yourself”, when fear/pain comes
5) Observe the pain without emotions. If difficult to handle use burst (intense) breathing, inhale (nose), exhale (mouth),
6) Do not allow enter too much fear! If happen, continues restoration breath, massage pain area and stretch.
Our body is psychosomatic, your physical progress in Systema fair drills will affect your mental state and you gradually will be able to observe your emotions and do not react on verbal assault emotionally but respond consciously.
What can be done at home?
-- Simplest one, jogging using Systema “ladder” breathing. It will ventilate your lungs, increase capacity, make your nervous system flexible and build immunity from any diseases.
-- Reboot you immunity with 24 hours, just water fasting once a week (if you have somewhere fair)
-- Once in seasonal change do 3 day fasting with water (Tomorrow 03/19/20 spring starts. Do not miss this time, if you have opportunity or following week to boost immunity still fine as well). 3 times a year is perfect, except from fall to winter.
-- Eat “whole” foods,
-- get enough sleeping,
-- do not sleep vey late.
-- do not over work,
-- Russian bath perfect, but I guess is closed by this situation…
-- Dousing is good, but if you never did it, start it from summer.
Any know supplements are good, but you are best if you are working “from within”.